Thursday, April 30, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to my blog! Let me tell you about it...
I was laying in bed nursing my 5 month old son, as he drifted off to sleep the gears in my mind began to turn. I was thinking about the new package of cloth diapers I was ordering. Thinking about how it took having FIVE kids before I realized the benefits of cloth diapers over disposables. To be honest, until recently I had never met anyone who cloth diapered, in real life or on the internet. I had never given it a thought! That was a whole other world to me.

I then started thinking about other things I've learned over the years that make up a healthier lifestyle and a greener planet. Wouldn't it be nice to have a friendly place on the net to discuss such things? I say friendly, because often times I notice that "crunchy" forums can be somewhat pretentious at times. There is no need for a holier than thou attitude because most people are not purposely hurting the environment or cheating themselves of a healthier lifestyle, they are simply not aware of the steps to take to make a positive change.

So have a seat and pop some natural popcorn (did you know popcorn is a serotonin boosting food?), and let's explore and spread awareness of a greener life!

No comments:

Post a Comment